Roulette is played by one to seven persons. You place your bet by positioning chips on a certain number that you would like to win.
The chips are for roulette only and cannot be used for other games. Each player have a different color of chips, in order for the dealer to recognize who the chip belongs to, making it easier for him to do the payouts later. With this, a rule is set that hands are to be kept out of the table as soon as all the betting is done. The dealer then, spins the wheel.
Bets in roulette are of two types, the inside and the outside betting.
One important thing to have in mind is that roulette is not a game of prediction and possibility. All numbers that are on the roulette wheel lands unplanned, or at random.
If you are losing, do acknowledge the fact that you are not simply lucky “today”. Do not keep on playing hoping that you could gain back your losses. You may end up losing too much. Stop, because there might be better days ahead.
As in any other casino game, before the game, consider following these suggestions:
- Keep in mind that you are in the casino to enjoy yourself, to be entertained.
- If playing online, read carefully the rules as well as the terms and condition of the casino site.
- When playing online, be sure to check the authenticity of the site.
- Always allocate a certain amount for the game, for the day. Strictly stick to the limit.
Some guidelines to keep in mind while playing Roulette
- As with any game, a general rule is to gamble only the money that you could afford to lose. Never use the money allotted for paying other bills such as rental, utility bills, etc. You’ll need professional help if you do gamble this way.
- Practice makes perfect. Before playing for real money, take the time to acquaint yourself first with the game. “Feel” the game.
- Don’t gamble with so much money in just one spin. You may lose all in an instant.
- In roulette, what counts are your overall winnings. If you are having a bad day, stop. You can go back and try your luck again another day.
- Skip the drinks. Alcohol will have a negative impact on your decision making skills. Have a clear mind while you play roulette.
- Play when odds at a table are only zero.
Some betting strategies to help you a be winner at roulette
- “Martingdale” is a betting strategy that is the most used by players. This works in such a way that a player begins with a fixed bet, which is doubled when a player loses. The doubling of the money continues until such time that one wins a hand. With this, one automatically gain all loses. One thus begins again, with a fixed bet.
- “reverse Martingdale” is a betting strategy which is basically has the same concept as the “Martingdale” betting technique but is a reversal of such strategy.
- “Progressive Betting”. This is applied in such a way that a player begins with a fixed initial bet, and every time one wins the bet, he increases the present bet by that initial amount. Whereas each time a player loses, the bet will be, betting the current amount but the initial fixed bet is taken away. This works well since as long as a player is winning continuously, the bet is also raising in such a pattern. If a player is losing, the bet will be also in a descending pattern.
- “D’Alembert” Raising ones bet according to a fixed amount when losing and lowering the bet when winning.
- “Reverse D’Alembert” works the same as D’Alembert type of betting, but a reversed method.
Roulette is an enjoyable game. You can have a lot of fun with it – and that is what you should aim for. To have fun at casinos. Nothing more, nothing less.